The task of your group is to
use your textbook and Internet resources to discover as much as you can about
the culture you were assigned. Record
the information on this graphic
organizer. The information that your group finds will be used to
create a chapter in a non-fiction ebook, using PowerPoint, which will be presented to our
reading/technology buddies. As
a class, we will develop a table of contents, a foreword, an index, a
bibliography, and a glossary of important terms.
Focus on the following
did they live?
the geography of the area.
- Find a
picture of the area.
- Describe the type of home.
- What natural resources were used to construct
- Find or create a picture of the shelter
- What did they eat?
- How was the food prepared?
- Find or create a picture of their food.
- What did they wear?
- How was their clothing affected by the climate
and natural resources?
- Find or create a picture of their clothing.
- How did they move from place to place?
- Did they have a need to travel from place to
place? Why or why not?
- Find or create a picture of a device that was
used to transport people or things.
- Arts and Crafts
- What are some examples of the arts and crafts
of this culture?
- What natural resources where used in creating
the arts and crafts?
- Find or create a picture of an art or craft
from this culture.
- Interesting Facts
- What other unique things did you find out about
this culture? Did they play
games? Have a government? Have certain religious or burial practices?
Build great structures? Have social classes?
IMPORTANT: Keep track
of the sites that you visit and the images that you save by copying and pasting
the urls into a word document. It is
very important to give credit where credit is due! Even kids must follow copyright laws! The urls will be needed as we create our bibliography.